What are recommended treatments to achieve a slimmer face (photo)?
What treatments are recommended to achieve a slimmer and V-shaped face? Thank you!
Thank you for your question and providing a photograph. In my opinion, you have a nice face shape that many Asian girls would love! However, in my practice, many girls, like yourself, would want options to achieve an even slimmer/sharper “V face”.
This will be dependent on some factors, as explained below.
1. If your face is angular (squarish) due to your underlying bone structure, surgery is the option to correct this.
2. If you have a wide face due to strong masseter (“jaw”) muscles, botulinum toxin to shrink the muscle will help (your doctor needs to see you in person and examine the muscle to determine this).
3. If you have saggy skin/jowl tissue, energy-based devices to tighten the area can help (options include HIFU such as Ulthera or Radiofrequency such as Thermage).
4. For receeding and small chins, a chin filler may help give a sharper face
5. Finally, a face thread lift is able to give the final touch and achieve a sharp/V-face
Do consider your options with your doctor.
Dr. Joanna Chan