What are some precautionary measures that I can take to avoid developing milia seeds on my face?
Some useful tips to reduce milia formation on the face include:
1. Avoid excessive UV exposure
2. Cleanse the skin daily or twice daily using a mild cleanser
3. Avoid use of thick and greasy make-up or rich facial moisturizers
4. Apply a topical retinoid (e.g. tretinoin or adapalene prescription cream ) at night to facilitate skin renewal.
5. Regular superficial chemical peeling to rejuvenate the skin
6. Avoid scratching or injuring the skin.
Hope this helps!
Dr Chin Yee Choong
MBBS, Post Graduate Diploma (FM) Dermatology
1 Grange Road #10-03
Causes And Treatment For Milia: An Aesthetic Doctor Discusses
Little bumps on the surface of the face and cheeks are common. They may look like allergic reactions or little bites, but are often attributable to...READ MORE