What are the available treatments and costs to remove eyebrow embroidery? (photo)

Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails

I had a horrible eyebrow embroidery job performed 2 years ago. Was thinking (and hoping) it will fade in 1-2 years time but it did not. Hence, I have lived with it until now. I've tried laser removal at a beauty salon, as well as using skin colour pigment to “cover” up the eyebrow tattoo, but these did not work well. What are the available types of treatments and costs for the removal of eyebrow embroidery?

Hi!

Laser removal of eyebrow embroidery is a common procedure in clinic. We recommend picosure laser removal of the eyebrow tattoo at our clinic.

The number of sessions required to remove the tattoo depends on the type of ink used, the skill set of the therapist who designed the tattoo and the colour of ink used.

Cover up pigments tend to be orange or beige which is difficult to remove so we do not recommend using pigments to "cover". Beauty salons are not suppose to have lasers and therapists are not trained to use lasers as well!

Picosure allows us to remove the pigment in fewer treatments with minimal down time. 

Do consult a dr who is experienced in cosmetic eyebrow tattoo removal!

Good luck!

Dr Yanni

The pigment used in eyebrow embroidery usually fades with time, but I understand that yours did not. In this case, you could try using a laser to remove the pigments. 

In my practice, I use a Pico-second laser to remove such pigments. Pico-second lasers are the newest lasers promising fast and efficacious tattoo removal. A study compared the use of nanosecond and picosecond lasers for the treatment of black tattoos in human patients, all other parameters being equal, and reported tattoo removal to be more effective with the picosecond pulse duration.

The shorter picosecond pulse duration is able to better target the tattoo pigment causing increased "breakup" or fragmentation of the pigment.

Depending on the ink type and colour, a number of sessions, perhaps 3-6, spaced about 6-8 weeks apart, will be required. Do speak to your doctor to advise further on whether this is suitable for yourself and the costs involved. Thank you!

Dr. Joanna Chan

The gold standard remains the Q-switched laser for tattoo removal.  

However, my preferred method is to use the PicoWay laser because:

• it spares the thicker hairs from turning white
  • is generally accepted to be less painful and
  • has a quicker recovery time compared to Q-Switched lasers

It also generally requires fewer sessions.  

You will need to bear in mind that you are now dealing with 2 layers of ink (from the cover-up) and will likely require more sessions compared with if you had started treatment before the cover-up was done. 

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails or ask your own question now FOR FREE.