What are the best eyelift treatments in Singapore for sagging skin around the eyes?Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails
Any recommended eyelift treatments in Singapore? I have sagging skin and wrinkles around my eyes and eyelid. There are too many eyelift treatments in the market, and I am really not sure what is good.
There are indeed a myriad of skin tightening devices in the market, all with a generally good effect, each with their own effectiveness and associated downtime.
If your skin laxity is mild to moderate, procedures such as
1. High intensity focused ultrasound: uses focused ultrasound to heat and subsequently lift loose tissue. I use the Ultraformer 3 with its dedicated eye hand piece that allows precise targeting of tissue around the eye and minimal risk to the eye.
Effects are seen over a period of 6 to 12 weeks and this procedure is performed once to twice a year. There is barely anydowntime; you walk out looking just as you had when you walked in before the procedure.
2. Radio-frequency needling: I like to use the AGNES radio frequency treatment for wrinkled and loose skin.
The effect is good but downtime of mild swelling can take a few days to settle down. This too can be performed twice a year for maintainenece. We also use this machine to ablate and reduce eye bags.
3. Traditional fracrional carbon dioxide lasers :making use of laser energy, skin around the eyes can be thickened and tightened using the fractional lasers.
This is done several times a year to ensure optimal results and downtime is approximately 3 to 5 days of redness and peeling.
If there is too much skin, excision of the skin through a small surgery can be done to reduce the overhanging skin.
Sometimes the laxity of the eye skin is not due to just excess skin but also due to loss of bone or fat mass around the eye. These structures support the skin and when lost, can cause drooping of the overlying skin.
Procedures that can help this include:
1. Thread lifts : small sutures are placed around the eye to lift the sagging skin and typically last about a year. These sutures dissolve over time.
2. Fillers: fillers can give good temporary support to the area around the eye and brow, creating a nice lift of the periorbital skin area.
3. Botox: placed carefully, botox can give a subtle brow lift to create a more open-eyed appearance.
There are indeed many things that can be done, and a thorough consult and prioritisation should be done to ensure you get the most of your investment - both in terms of time and money.
Feel free to contact us for further details or concerns.
Cheers, and happy national day!
Dr Shane Tan
There are many good skin tightening treatments for your eye region that do not require surgery. The key to getting good results is choosing a treatment that is most suitable for you - in terms of effectiveness, price and downtime.
For mild to moderate sagging skin and fine lines around the eyes, you can consider these treatments (in order of increased downtime):
1. HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound)
A very popular treatment, this is a "once a year" treatment with effects that last 6-12 months.
There is minimal downtime - possibly some redness that subsides in a few hours.
I use the Ultraformer 3 with the 2.0mm specialised eye hand piece for best results.
Prices: from $450/session
2. Fractional PicoLaser
This non-ablative laser treatment stimulates collagen production through LIOBs (laser-induced optical breakdown).
The difference between Fractional Picolaser and HIFU is that Fractional Picolaser stimulates collagen production superficially whereas HIFU stimulates collagen production at a deeper plane (2.0mm - using the specialised eye handpiece).
A series of monthly sessions (approx. 3-5 sessions) are needed for best results.
There is mild redness after the laser sessions that lasts 3-6 hours.
Prices: from $300/session (eye region)
3. Fractional Radio-frequency Microneedling
Infini is another good treatment for fine lines, saggy skin and scars.
This involves delivery of Radio-frequency energy (heat) into the deeper layers of the skin through micro-needles.
Similar to Fractional Picolaser, a series of monthly sessions (approx. 3-4 sessions) are needed for best results.
There is mild redness after Infini that lasts 1-2 days.
Prices: from $600/session (eye region)
4. Fractional CO2 Laser
A series of monthly sessions (approx. 3-4 sessions) are needed for best results.
There is mild redness after Fractional CO2 that lasts 2-3 days.
Prices: from $300/session (eye region)
To prevent new active wrinkles from forming, Botox/Xeomin/Dysport can help to weaken the muscles that cause wrinkles.
Hope that this helps!
Dr Justin Boey