What are the best options for a Facelift in Singapore?
There are so many kinds of skin lifting and facelift treatments in the market (eg. HIFU, threadlift etc). What are the most recommended facelift methods to lift up sagging skin, in terms of effectiveness and how long the results last?
Facelift treatment can be divided into surgical and non-surgical. In general, people with severe skin sagging will benefit more from surgical options while people with mild to moderate sagging can consider non-surgical options first.
There are many non-surgical facelift treatments in the market right now:
1. HIFU - best result in 1 to 2 months time and can last 9 to 12 months.
2. Threadlift - immediate result and can last anywhere from 9 to 18 months depending on the type of thread used.
3. Filler - immediate result if injected in the right position. HA fillers can last 9 to 12 months on average while semi permanent fillers can last more than 1 year depending on the product used.
4. Dermalift - best result in 1 to 2 weeks time and it will last 3 to 4 months.
The best approach to non-surgical facelift will require a thorough assessment to see which procedure is more suitable for the patient. I usually prefer a combination approach to get the best out of the different treatment options available.
The different treatment options have their own pros and cons so speak to a trusted doctor to see which is the most suitable one for you. Hope this helps!
Dr Jiwei Wu
There are 2 main methods for non-surgical face lifting treatments.
Namely, Thread Lift and HIFU.
Both have its' Pros and Cons and will ultimately depend on how comfortable the patient is with each treatment.
The Threadlift procedure is probably one of the most effective lifting techniques when done properly. It Lifts, Firms and stimulates collagen. Results from a Threadlift is very dependent on the technique used as the design of the lifting vectors and depth of placement of the threads will affect the outcome. Do note that only the thicker, longer threads with anchoring cogs and cones Lifts. Thinner, shorter threads without anchors will not produce effective lifting results if any.
I personally also like to combine them with Fillers placed at specific lifting points in the face for enhanced and optimal results.
Results are usually immediate and lasts longer than HIFU.
The downside is that this procedure requires injection points so that the threads can be inserted into the deeper skin layer.
I usually reserve this treatment for my patients who require a lifting procedure with no downtime and/or are absolutely averse to needles. Nonetheless, it is still a very strong device that Lifts and Firms as well but results are progressive over the months. In terms of efficacy, results do not last as long as Threadlifts. It is, however, a very comfortable procedure.
Hope this helps and do have a consult with a doctor you are comfortable with and who has ample experience with these treatments.
All the best!
The most effective treatment for severe sagging skin is surgery.
Facelift surgery has the most dramatic results in a single treatment but has the longest recovery time. It has surgical and anaesthesia risks too.
For mild to moderate saggy skin, you can consider non-surgical options like HIFU and Threadlifts.
- Effects: Threadlift gives immediate results by physically lifting the skin on the face and long term results by stimulating collagen production. Not requiring surgery, the threads are inserted after applying numbing cream or numbing injections.
- As the threads are inserted using needles, many patients might be concerned about the downtime from swelling, bruising and infection.
- Results last: 6 months to 18 months (depending on the number/type of threads use and doctor's expertise)
- Typical prices in Singapore: $1,000 to $4,000 (depending on the number/type of threads use and doctor's expertise)
As a doctor in Raffles Place, my patients are looking for an effective anti-aging treatment that fits into their busy lifestyle without the risk of downtime (No Bruising, No Swelling, No Needles).
HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound)
- There are several types of HIFU: Ultraformer, Ulthera, Sygmalift (list is non-exhaustive).
- Effects: Gradual.
- HIFU treatment restores the collagen in your skin that was lost over time using focused ultrasound waves.
- Results last: 6 months to 12 months (depending on the quality of HIFU and doctor's expertise).
Hope that this helps!
Dr Justin Boey