What are the main factors to consider in deciding between breast implants or fat transfer to the breast?
I have been considering getting breast enhancements for quite some time, but I am unsure what type of augmentation I should choose between fat transfer and breast implants. What are the main factors to consider in choosing between the 2 procedures? For example, are the costs between the 2 very different? Or should I make the decision based on the desired cup size?
There are a few key things to consider:
1. What type of look do I want?
- If you want to be a lot bigger and want an augmented look, breast implants may be more suitable. Fat transfer is good for moderate increases that give a very natural result.
2. Are my breasts suitable?
- If your breasts are droopy, fat transfer alone will not improve the shape of your breasts. Implants can take up some of the slack, but it will depend on your nipple position and how big you want to be.
3. Am I comfortable with implants?
- If you will not be comfortable having foreign material in your body, you may prefer fat grafting.
4. Do I have excess fat that I would like to remove?
- Most people would say "yes". Even though we all have some stubborn areas of fat we want removed, it may not be enough to give you the augmentation you want.
5. What is my budget?
- Fat grafting takes longer and is therefore more expensive. You will most likely need more than one session as well.
I think fat grafting is a great method for breast augmentation, but it can't always give the desired result.
Hope this helps!