There are many reasons for a nose bleed...otherwise known as epistaxis.
These are some of the reasons for epistaxis:
- Trauma- this could be physical trauma (such as nose-picking or injury to the nose),
- Environmental trauma(eg. in very dry climates)
- High blood pressure
- Congestion of the nose from allergy, infection(eg. sinusitis), non-allergic rhinitis, etc
- Use of blood-thinning medications
- Tumours, cancers of the nose(not that commonly seen but this needs to be excluded especially in our asian population where nose cancer is more prevalent)
- Inherited bleeding disorders
Please do see an ENT doctor for a nasal examination and a nasoendoscopy if you have epistaxis.