What can I do about knee pain that occurs during jogging?
- Meniscal problems
Thanks you for your question and although you can bear the pain, I can understand your concern.
As Dr Sean has mentioned, there can be many different causes for knee pain and further information is needed to advise you more specifically.
Things to consider are:
1. How long the pain has been troubling you?
2. Where in the knee is the pain?
3. How soon after running does it come on?
4. How long does the pain last for?
5. Have you changed anything with regard to your running?
Often, running-related pain can be due to running style, training load of strength deficiencies.
These can be identified through a clinical history, examination of your knee and maybe undergoing a video-gait-analysis.
Sometimes, simple adjustments to your running style or improving conditioning can alleviate your symptoms.
Seeing a physiotherapist, sports doctors or gait specialist can help.
Hope this helps.