What can I do for a splinter in my thumb that is causing a red bump? (photo)

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed419 times

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

Perhaps the splinter is still inside. Could you head to the nearest emergency or family doctor as soon as possible to try to remove it?

Usually what I would do is to numb the area, then gently scrape it with a sharp blade.

Or sometimes I don't numb it, so that the patient can feel if the thing is still inside.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

5 Most Common Travel-Related Skin Conditions Seen By A Dermatologist
A Short Guide to Sebaceous Cysts by Dr. Stephanie Ho

"Skin specialist with over 20 years of experience"

Have you ever had a big lump on your skin? It might be a cyst. Are they dangerous? What should you do about them? In this guide, I will tell you the essentials you need to make a decision about cysts so that you can look how you want to.

A guest post by Dr. Stephanie Ho from Stephanie Ho Dermatology.

The Ultimate Guide to Dealing with an Aching Wisdom Tooth in Singapore (2020)

Are you around your early twenties? Are the teeth at the back of your mouth, commonly called the wisdom teeth, aching? Does it hurt when you bite down or drink hot or cold liquids? You may have to go for wisdom teeth extraction. This is a common case that dentists see often, but if this is the first time your tooth is hurting you might not know what to do. Let me, Dr Feng, guide you through what to do when your wisdom teeth are in trouble.