What can I do if I get shortsightedness years after cataract surgery?

Shortsightedness after cataract surgery can be treated in the same ways as for people who have not had cataract surgery.

That is, you could wear spectacles, contact lenses, or consider having laser refractive surgery depending on your individual preferences and activities.

Generally speaking, spectacle power after cataract surgery is very stable and even if some amount of shortsightedness, longsightedness, or astigmatism develops, it tends to be of low degree and takes a long time to develop.