What could be the cause of a lump in my cheek?

Doctor's Answers (2)

The inner part of your cheek in your mouth is called the buccal region. There are many possible lumps that can arise from that region.

However, given that the lump is mobile, it is likely the lump is deep to the lining of the inner cheek (buccal mucosa). Possible differential diagnosis include an enlarged lymph node, tumour from the minor salivary gland or cyst. 

I would suggest a visit to an ENT Specialist for an assessment. 

Hope this helps and all the best!

Health on the Net Foundation

This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2020 DoctorxDentist PTE LTD. All rights reserved.

All content posted is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. This Q&A is not a patient consultation and any information provided herein is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment.

Quote RequestWhatsapp