bernadette salinel

What factors should I consider in choosing between Singapore or Korea for nose threadlifts?

Aesthetic Medicine

What factors should I consider in choosing between Singapore or Korea for nose threadlifts? I have read online that many Singaporeans go to Korea for their threadlifts. 

Hi there,

Few things to consider before travelling overseas for a procedure:

1) Cost

- Aesthetic or plastic surgery treatment in Singapore is generally most costly than Korea. However, if you take into account the flight tickets, hotel stay and general expenses when you travel to Korea, it may end up more costly than getting it done Singapore. Do your maths carefully if you consider cost as a major factor.

2) Skills

- Personally, I do think cosmetic doctors in Korea are likely more skillful and advanced in thread lift techniques. However, cosmetic doctors in Singapore these days are also very updated with aesthetic treatment. Do your research, ask you friends who have had treatment done to find out what is best for you.

3) Follow up

- You will definitely need a follow up after nose thread lift. This is an important factor to consider. 

- Cosmetic treatment is not without risks. Therefore, there is always a chance that you may experience complications after treatment. I have seen many patients who come to me with complications after having treatment in another country. They are frustrated because they cannot afford or do not have time to fly back to the country to see the doctor. It is also tricky for the doctor here to handle the complications because we do not have the details of what has been done by the other doctors.

Best,

Dr Sii Sik Liong

0 474 views 0 Doctors agree 15 Aug 2018
0 0

Hi Bernadette,

Korean plastic surgeons and dermatologists have travelled widely to Singapore and South East Asia to spread their Korean nose threadlift techniques.

If you are staying near or in Singapore, it’s best to do it with an experienced threadlift doctor here (be sure to check out his / her threadlift cases done , credentials etc) as the medical landscape here is more regulated than in Korea.

0 512 views 0 Doctors agree 12 Aug 2018
0 0
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine or ask your own question now FOR FREE.