What information should I include on a Medical ID bracelet?

Dr Paul Ang
5.0

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

Thank you for asking this interesting question. Your medical ID is supposed to keep critical information, such as drug allergies and main medical diagnoses.

I think "KLACID and AVELOX ALLERGY + your biodata + blood group" might be the only things that can fit.

Hi, Medical IDs bracelets, or Medical Alert Bracelets, can be helpful for doctors treating you, especially in an emergency situation.

The main purpose of a medical ID is to alert healthcare workers (including paramedics and nurses) to your specific medical or allergic condition at the point in time when they're about to administer emergency treatment.

This allows you to receive proper treatment without delay. 

Hence, including info that could help in a life or death situation, such as severe food or medical allergies, blood group, next of kin contact info etc, would be most helpful. 

You should visit a doctor to discuss the most important things to include on your bracelet.  

SMA does run a service in Singapore for medical IDs, called the MEDIC AWAS programme. You may want to check that out. It allows for more info to be recorded as it comes in the form of a card too, which you can carry around with you.