What is the best laser vision correction method for high myopia of more than 1000 degrees?

I'm 21 years old, but my eyesight is at least 1,200 for both sides. I've been wearing contact lenses since 6 years ago, and am now considering laser vision correction.

There are no things such as "the best laser vision correction method". However, considering that your eye degree is pretty high, Advanced Surface Ablation (ASA) procedures such as TransPRK and epiLASIK would most likely be more suitable for you.

The basis of all laser vision correction procedures involve the reshaping of the cornea. As a surface-based procedure, TransPRK and epiLASIK requires minimum amount of cornea tissue as vision correction begins right on the surface of the cornea. Generally, Advanced Surface Ablation procedures are able to correct up to 1,200 degrees of myopia, depending on your cornea thickness.

I would strongly advise you to carry out a detailed research on the different types of procedures available in the market, such as through online information, books, or even LASIK forums.

As you are a contact lens wearer, please be advised that you must stop contact lenses wear before coming down to the clinic for a eye evaluation/ suitability test.

Wishing you all the best in the journey towards a clear vision!

762 views 22 Oct 2018
Not the question you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Eye Health or ask your own question now FOR FREE.