What is the best method between Botox, jaw reduction, or buccal fat removal to obtain a slimmer face and jawline? (photo)

Plastic Surgery Aesthetic Medicine Botox

I want to obtain a slimmer and more symmetrical face and jawline. I would like to find out whether Botox/ jaw reduction/ buccal fat removal would be the most effective for correcting the lower half of my face? Thanks so much! 

You have a nice face shape to start with. :)

If you wish to enhance your features and achieve a slimmer face with more defined jawline, I would suggest you to try the following treatments:

1) Chin Filler

Dermal filler can be injected into the chin to achieve well-defined chin and more V-shaped looking face. Your face can look slimmer when your features are sharper.

2) Botox Jaw Reduction

Botox jaw reduction is another popular treatment used to shrink jaw muscles so that the face will look slimmer and less square. This treatment is suitable for you if you have muscles that is bulging when you clench your jaw.

3) Exilis Ultra or Venus Legacy - Face Slimming Treatment without Needles.

You might want to consider this treatment if you are looking for a needle-less option. Radio frequency is used to stimulate collagen production, lift the face, and slim the treated area.

It's advisable to have a consultation with an aesthetic doctor to assess your condition and discuss about the best treatment for you. 

Hope the info above helps!

Best regards,
Dr Soh

2048 views 27 Sep 2018

Botox to the jaw and buccal fat removal address excess volume or bulk at different areas of the face. Botox to the masseter area is more for addressing bulky muscles which can sometimes make the jaw look wider. The buccal fat on the other hand addresses bulk on the lower cheek, around the sides of your lips. The treatment recommended should depend on the area you find asymmetrical or needs slimming, as well as the level of invasiveness you are comfortable with.

Usually, I prefer to look at the face as a whole to get a 3-dimensional feel of the existing proportions before deciding the treatments to recommend so that the enhancements done harmonizes or improve the overall facial proportions. It will be better if there are a few more photos to refer to. Nonetheless, you should still speak to a professional if there is a need for any procedures to be done.

Dr Por Yong Chen

1868 views 1 Oct 2018

You don't need jaw reduction surgery or buccal fat removal at least for now. Botox masseter muscles or HIFU cheeks treatment can give you a slimmer face. You look perfectly fine in the photo and you are probably in your early twenties. I don't encourage you to do any unnecessary procedures on your face. 

Best Regards,

Dr Lim MY

1871 views 26 Sep 2018

You do indeed have a nice face as is.

The only thing I would recommend is a touch of filler to your chin on the left to reduce the asymmetry there.

This might create a slightly wider chin profile but will improve the harmony of the face.

A frontal photograph, however, is insufficient to fully determine the underlying issue at hand and i would advise you be seen for a proper physical examination before deciding on it.

Best Regards,
Dr Shane Abucewicz Tan

1841 views 27 Sep 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Plastic Surgery Aesthetic Medicine Botox or ask your own question now FOR FREE.