What is the best method between Botox, jaw reduction, or buccal fat removal to obtain a slimmer face and jawline? (photo)

• Answered4 times
  • Viewed3,207 times

You have a nice face shape to start with. :)

If you wish to enhance your features and achieve a slimmer face with more defined jawline, I would suggest you to try the following treatments:

1) Chin Filler

Dermal filler can be injected into the chin to achieve well-defined chin and more V-shaped looking face. Your face can look slimmer when your features are sharper.

2) Botox Jaw Reduction

Botox jaw reduction is another popular treatment used to shrink jaw muscles so that the face will look slimmer and less square. This treatment is suitable for you if you have muscles that is bulging when you clench your jaw.

3) Exilis Ultra or Venus Legacy - Face Slimming Treatment without Needles.

You might want to consider this treatment if you are looking for a needle-less option. Radio frequency is used to stimulate collagen production, lift the face, and slim the treated area.

It's advisable to have a consultation with an aesthetic doctor to assess your condition and discuss about the best treatment for you. 

Hope the info above helps!

Best regards,
Dr Soh

Botox to the jaw and buccal fat removal address excess volume or bulk at different areas of the face. Botox to the masseter area is more for addressing bulky muscles which can sometimes make the jaw look wider. The buccal fat on the other hand addresses bulk on the lower cheek, around the sides of your lips. The treatment recommended should depend on the area you find asymmetrical or needs slimming, as well as the level of invasiveness you are comfortable with.

Usually, I prefer to look at the face as a whole to get a 3-dimensional feel of the existing proportions before deciding the treatments to recommend so that the enhancements done harmonizes or improve the overall facial proportions. It will be better if there are a few more photos to refer to. Nonetheless, you should still speak to a professional if there is a need for any procedures to be done.

Dr Por Yong Chen

You don't need jaw reduction surgery or buccal fat removal at least for now. Botox masseter muscles or HIFU cheeks treatment can give you a slimmer face. You look perfectly fine in the photo and you are probably in your early twenties. I don't encourage you to do any unnecessary procedures on your face. 

Best Regards,

Dr Lim MY

You do indeed have a nice face as is.

The only thing I would recommend is a touch of filler to your chin on the left to reduce the asymmetry there.

This might create a slightly wider chin profile but will improve the harmony of the face.

A frontal photograph, however, is insufficient to fully determine the underlying issue at hand and i would advise you be seen for a proper physical examination before deciding on it.

Best Regards,
Dr Shane Abucewicz Tan

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

The Truth About Facelifts In Singapore: What You Need To Know Before Getting One

Older patients often ask me if getting a facelift in Singapore is the best way to restore their youthful faces.

This post will address all the most common questions that patients ask me in clinic, and will guide you in your decision-making on the best way to improve aging skin.

Botox VS Dermal Fillers: All You Need To Know About The 2 Alternatives To Non-surgical Facelifts

Over the years, people have known Botox and dermal fillers as relatively simple solutions to improve features as well as to attain desirable facial aesthetics. While both are given through injections and are minimally invasive, they do have their fair share of differences. I hope that through this article, it will help you to understand more about these two treatments.

The Complete Guide to Chin Fillers in Singapore (2020)

Chin fillers have been gaining popularity among younger patients. The procedure not only allows patients to achieve a V-shaped face, but also corrects retracted chins and improves facial proportions.

Before undergoing this procedure, I would first like to share with you everything you need to know about getting chin fillers in Singapore.

Read on to find out more!

The Complete Guide to Anti-Ageing Treatments in Singapore (2020)

As we get older, our skin loses its elasticity. Exposure with UV rays speeds up the ageing process. In order to have healthy and nourished looking skin, supplementary treatments have become a necessity. There is now a wide variety of treatments available for you to try. These range from creams and non-invasive facial treatments, to highly invasive surgical procedures. 

In the course of my career as an aesthetic doctor for over 10 years, I have done countless anti-ageing treatments. Therefore, I will explain all you need to know about ageing skin- from the symptoms, skin treatments that delay the ageing process, the do’s and don'ts, as well as the cost of the treatments and procedures that you might be interested in trying. 

Dermal Fillers in Singapore: The Tell-All Guide by An Aesthetic Doctor (2020)

Dermal filler has become a staple in medical aesthetic clinics; it is no longer a novelty for people to have filler injected to refresh their looks or enhance their facial features. What kinds of dermal fillers are there? How much do they cost? What are their side effects? Let me guide you through finding the right Dermal Filler for you.