Admin DXD profile picture
Admin DXD

What is the best treatment for male hair loss in Singapore?

Skin, Hair & Nails Follicle Hair Hair Loss

Hi doctors - I 'm a 20 year old male. Since I was 17 I noticed that my hairline was slightly receding. I thought it was normal at first, but over the past 7 months. I feel like I'm losing clumps of hair now.

The hair loss is not specific to any area of ​​the scalp, but I notice a general decrease in my hair density. None of my family members have shown any signs of balding before turning 60 years old.

What can I do to increase my hair density, and who do I need to see? Thank you for all your efforts with the QnA as I have learned a lot from browsing it.

Hi Asher,

The most common cause of hair loss in men is Male Pattern Hair Loss as seen in the attached picture.

If you are having receding temples and front hairline similar to the above picture, then you are having Male Pattern Hair Loss. It is due to Dihydrotestosterone hormone wreaking havoc on the front and top hair follicles on your head.

There’s 2 ways to restore hair in your case (and for many other men).

1. Hair Transplantion

Its the most effective method to restore hair as strong hair follicles from the back of the head are extracted one by one and then re-implanted on the front and top of the scalp . These follicles will never be subject to balding (notice how some old men still retain the U shape hairstyle around the sides and back of their head despite the top being empty ?)

IT IS THE ONLY METHOD TO PUT MORE HAIR FOLLICLES INTO YOUR SCALP.

2. Medical hair treatment

Finasteride blocks the DHT and is highly recommended for oral usage (3% of users may have some sexual side effects ). It makes existing hair follicles thick and strong again.

Minoxidil increases blood flow to the scalp and encourages hair growth.

Low level laser therapy (igrow ) also stimulates growth and strengthening of existing hair follicles.

Korean scalp stimulation introduces growth factors to the scalp to encourage healthy hair follicles and their growth .

You should visit a doctor highly interested in hair loss treatments and hair transplants to seek the best advice.

You can read this article for more information about hair loss treatment in Singapore.

0 567 views 0 Doctors agree 26 Jan 2018

Hi Asher,

It must be worrying to notice your hair thinning.

There are many causes of hair thinning. From your description of a receding hair, there is a possbility of this being a male pattern hairloss (mph). While there is often a family history of hairloss  in mph, this is not always present. Hair on the vertex or top of the head is often thinner as well. Male pattern hairloss is slowly progressive over the years. Treatments like minoxidil scalp lotion and oral finesteride are useful in this condition and can help to maintain the hair and increase the hair density.

The hair in male pattern hairloss does not usually drop out in clumps though. If there is truly an increase hairfall, other conditions like telogen effluvium may be the cause. This is usually caused by a stressful event eg high fever or crash diet. Usually, we consider abnormal hairloss when there is loss of over 100 strands of hair a day. So, do take note of the total number of hair strands lost in a day to know if your fall fall is significant.

Dermatologists do manage hair problems so you may consider seeing a dermatologist for your hair concerns.

0 567 views 0 Doctors agree 26 Jan 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Skin, Hair & Nails Follicle Hair Hair Loss or ask your own question now FOR FREE.