Admin DXD from Singapore asked a question

What is the best treatment for spot fat reduction in Singapore?

Dr Shane Abucewicz Tan

Dr Samuel Ho

Dr Lim Ming Yee

What’s the best way to get rid of fat accumulation on my lower back and side? Or what I guess is called love handles? Gym and running doesn’t work for me. I’ve heard of coolsculpting etc but there it’s too confusing with terms like fat freezing and radiofrequency therapy on the internet to reduce fat. What would you recommend as a first option to reduce love handle fat?

People who want spot fat reduction are ideal candidates for liposuction. It's much easier to get outstanding results when only small areas need to be worked on. 

It's like removing an imperfection in an otherwise perfect shape. If the shape was perfect to begin with one would have to change every aspect of it in order to make it smaller but keep it's perfect shape.

The only issue is that liposuction is an invasive procedure and not without risk. Non-invasive methods of fat removal are safer, but I wouldn't say they don't have any risk at all. They are also less effective at removing fat.

What should your first option be? It depends on whether you want to avoid surgery or not. If you find a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with and you are not against surgery, I would recommend liposuction.

Downtime for liposuction is not that long. You can be back to work in about 2 to 3 days. There will be some bruising for 2 weeks, but no major issues otherwise. If you really don't want surgery, then try a non-invasive method. Liposuction can still be done if you are not satisfied with the results. Hope this helps.

0 200 views 0 Doctors agree Sun Jul 22 2018 14:28:33 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi!

Spot fat treatment is in vogue and since liposuction is a surgical procedure and significant down time and risks is involved, many patients are looking to non-invasive laser methods to remove their stubborn fats.

At our clinic, we have the first Sculpsure laser in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Sculpsure is the first approved FDA laser for permanent fat destruction.

The laser energy from sculpsure heats up fat cells to 42-45 degrees celcius and that destroys the fat cells. Over 6-12 weeks, the destroyed fat is naturally eliminated through urinary and fecal wastes.

Over the course of last 8 months, we have treated over 80 cases of stubborn fats with good results. The most common areas to treat are abdomen, love handles, outer and inner thighs and arms. Patients experience a mild tingling sensation during the 25 minute procedure and do not have any bruises afterwards.

For patients who are post-natal or those that experience a lot of weight loss in recent years, they also report good skin tightening effects.

Sculpsure does not do weight reduction. It is a highly tolerable, no side effects, effective body contouring device.

0 443 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Jan 25 2018 07:59:49 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi Derrick,

There are 2 methods usually. First is Cryolipolysis (Coolsculpting / Zimmer / Cooltech / Cryolipo) which involves subjecting pockets of fat to temperatures of -6 to -8 degrees Celsius and the other is using High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (Liposonix) to target the fats and subject them to a high temperature to melt them.

Both are good first options to reduce localised fat tissue.

0 443 views 1 Doctors agree Thu Jan 25 2018 08:00:38 GMT+0000 (UTC)

I would really see what the issue is. Fat freeze is suitable for some people, depending on the ability of the applicator's vacuum to suck the skin & fat into the applicator.

Others might benefit from Liposonix, and some sessions of Radiofrequency can help to tighten the skin as well.

Liposuction IS the definitive removal of fat tissues but the downtime tends to be a little unacceptable for most people. So its not for the faint-hearted.

0 439 views 0 Doctors agree Mon Feb 05 2018 03:47:14 GMT+0000 (UTC)
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine or ask your own question now FOR FREE.