What is the difference between Rejuran and skinboosters?
Came across Rejuran on Facebook and wonder if it’s able to remove laughing lines, and plump up my cheeks.
Before I answer, let’s find out what Rejuran is.
Rejuran is a polynucleotide extract derived from Salmon fish germ cell.
It can rejuvenate skin cells and improve skin tone and elasticity, to give smoother, firmer skin. It may also have a skin whitening effect.
As it is packed with growth factors, it can help damaged skin to recover and heal fast, keeping your skin young and healthy.
However, let’s call a spade a spade. It is NOT A FILLER and thus you should not expect it to remove laughing lines, and plump up your cheeks.
For that, you will need either Hyaluronic Acid fillers (Teosyal / Restylane/ Juvederm) or Collagen-Stimulating Fillers (Ellanse/ Radiesse).
I am in agreement with Dr Israr. If you are looking to reduce laugh lines and cheek plumpness, you will need fillers. Or augment it with other treatments like threadlift, lasers.
To your second question, the effects of skin boosters and Rejuran are different.
Skin boosters work by being injected and help in drawing moisture from deep within, and from topical sources as they are hydrophilic (water loving). This helps to improve the hydration status, and explains why it is very popular in colder cities like Shanghai and Beijing.
Rejuran however works by augmenting skin healing and reducing skin sensitivity. Some doctors feel that there is an improvement of conditions like eczema and pigmentation. It does not per se improve the hydration status.
A combination of both therapies would yield great results. Do consider that.
Volume loss from cheeks definitely need fillers – Rejuran or any other aesthetic devices are no replacement for good quality fillers.
There are a range of fillers ranging from temporary hyaluronic acid (brands like Teosyal, Juvederm, Belotero, Restylane) or semi-permanent options like Ellanse and Radiesse.
My advice is to find a doctor who is experienced with using a wide range of fillers to best help you with the volume loss.
Laugh lines however are more complicated.
- Volume loss in this area of the face may also need some fillers in the deep plane.
- If the laugh line is a static wrinkle, it can benefit from superficial fillers/skinboosters/and even Rejuran.
- Lastly, if the laugh lines are caused by hyperactive lip elevators, these can be relaxed by some simple Botulinum toxin injections (Botox/Dysport/Xeomin)
Thank you for your question. As my esteemed colleagues have given you a very comprehensive answer, allow me to summarise in 3 points.
- Rejuran – Great for skin repair and healing, hence reducing skin sensitivity.
- Skinboosters – Great for hydration.
- Dermal Fillers – Helpful for volume restoration and enhancement, hence perfect to fill laugh lines and pump up your cheeks.