What is the downtime for Hydrafacial treatment?

Acne & Scars Skin, Hair & Nails

Hi. I have some mild and superficial acne marks. Hydrafacial has been recommended to me. I would like to know whether there are any side effects, and how long is the downtime / recovery time? I thank you in advance for the replies.

I personally love the Hydrafacial since I first installed it in my clinic nearly 10 years ago. It gives an immediate glow to the face after each treatment. I encourage my patients to get regular treatments with an initial treatment goal of 1 every 1 to 2 weeks for the first 6 weeks to load the skin up with moisture and anti-oxidants.

With the newest Antiox+ serum combined with Glyseal prep, you get the best results possible.

Unlike other microdermal abrasion treatments, the Hydrafacial does not use any harsh salt crystals. Microdermal abrasion is achieved by using the diamond tipped applicator and spiral shaped treatment tips. There is no downtime after each treatment. You may get an initial redness which quickly subsides within a few minutes. It is a great pre-event treatment to get. I recommend a treatment 1 day before your party.

As always, I recommend a trial treatment a little earlier to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used in the serums.

869 views 1 Oct 2018

You may be pleased to know that the Hydrafacial is a no-downtime procedure that is painless and able to cleanse the skin thoroughly, de-congest pores, provide light exfoliation and good substances such as hyaluronic acid and antioxidants to the skin, all in less than an hour. 

The classic Hydrafacial consists of 5 steps as follows:

1. Cleansing and exfoliation 

2. Acid peel

3. Extractions with a vortex-extraction technology  (feels like a vacuum suction)

4. Serum application (antioxidants, collagen-rich serum, hyaluronic acid)

5. Continued protection (using Hydrafacial daily essentials range of suitable products for your skin)

You may be able to find this treatment offered at accredited aesthetic clinics in Singapore. Hope this helps! 

Dr. Joanna Chan

859 views 1 Oct 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Acne & Scars Skin, Hair & Nails or ask your own question now FOR FREE.