Thank you for your questions. Dr Chua and Dr Lee have answered your questions well.
Unfortunately, there is no fixed protocol for doctors to treat acne scars. Understanding patient’s existing medical and skin conditions, severity of the acne scars, healing ability, and affordability of downtime is crucial.
This will lead to customisation of treatment plan using appropriate tools, to achieve good results.
A few things that I have learnt from my previous years of experience.
- Control your acne first before fixing your scars
- Different type of acne scars need different type of treatment
- Younger patients respond to acne scar treatment better
- Combination treatments give better results
Listed below are a few ways to treat mild to moderate rolling acne scars.
- Dermal fillers
- Fractional CO2/erbium glass/thulium/picosecond lasers
- Radiofrequency microneedling
I do combine subcision, dermal fillers and fractional lasers in one session for some of my cases. Not all the clinics will have the above mentioned tools.
Please discuss with your doctor regarding pros and cons of available treatments, estimated downtime and cost for the procedures.
All the best!