What is the minimum serum bilirubin level in neonates that requires phototherapy treatment?
It depends on several facts:
- Is the baby premature?
- Is the baby sick with other medical conditions
- Does the baby have G6 PD deficiency?
- Is the baby on breast milk, formula, or a mix?
- How many days old is the baby?
- Does the baby have a blood group incompatibility with the mother's blood group?
- Is the baby on medication?
- Is baby feeding well? Or is the baby lethargic?
So it is not possible to base the decision on a single value, but interpreted in the context of the above factors. It is best for the baby to be seen and their condition discussed with a doctor.
The Complete Guide To Vitiligo Treatment In Singapore By A Medical Doctor (2019)
Vitiligo is an acquired skin condition where areas of the skin lose their pigment over time, resulting in the formation of white patches on the skin....READ MORE