What should I do for vaginal itching with white discharge?

Doctor's Answers (3)

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you are suffering from vaginitis. Candidiasis (fungal vaginitis) is common in sexually active women. It can even be triggered by something as innocent as taking antibiotics for a flu. Other possible conditions include bacterial or parasite infections.

I would recommend you to see a general practitioner or gynaecologist as soon as possible to get a proper examination of your genitals to determine the exact cause and start treatment. There may also be further tests he/she may recommend to confirm the diagnosis.

Meanwhile I would also advise to abstain from intercourse until you have recovered.

Hope this helps!

Yes I agree with Dr Chua. Do visit your nearest GP. The treatment is usually a one time insertion of a  gynotravegon vaginal pessary.

I agree. Your GP should be more than capable to treat, and use a combination of oral antifungals/antibiotics if clinically indicated.

Health on the Net Foundation

This site complies with the {0=HONcode standard for trustworthy health} information: {1=verify here}.

© 2020 DoctorxDentist PTE LTD. All rights reserved.

All content posted is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. This Q&A is not a patient consultation and any information provided herein is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment.

Quote RequestWhatsapp