What treatment options are there for loose teeth on my lower jaw? (photo)
I have loose teeth on my lower jaw. May I know what treatment I should go for?
You may consider one of the following:
1. Periodontal treatment to try to maintain your loose teeth for as long as possible ( This option is viable only if your teeth are slightly loose )
2. Extractions of your loose teeth and replacing them with dentures.
3. Extractions of your loose teeth and replacing them with dental implants.
4. Extractions of your loose teeth and doing nothing else.
It is important for you to note that your dentist should make an attempt to find out the root cause of your loose teeth, so that he/she can implement the correct treatment plan.
The following factors can have a negative effect on your gum health thereby leading to loose teeth:
1. Poor oral hygiene leading to gum disease.
4. A pathological and imbalanced bite
5. Other autoimmune or systemic factors
I wish you all the best in finding a good , experienced dentist that you can trust and build rapport with!
Dr Gerald Tan