When should I seek medical attention to remove an inflamed skin cyst on my back that's still swollen despite applying pimple cream?

Thank you for the question.

If you have an inflamed cyst of the skin, it is advisable for you to see a doctor as this may be due to a bacterial infection of an existing cyst.

Topical pimple creams are often unable to treat the infection, and oral antibiotics or even surgical drainage, if there is accumulation of pus, may be needed. If your cyst is getting larger, more painful and red, you should see your doctor or dermatologist for a proper assessment and management.