When should I seek medical attention to remove an inflamed skin cyst on my back that's still swollen despite applying pimple cream?

Doctor's Answers (1)

Thank you for the question.

If you have an inflamed cyst of the skin, it is advisable for you to see a doctor as this may be due to a bacterial infection of an existing cyst.

Topical pimple creams are often unable to treat the infection, and oral antibiotics or even surgical drainage, if there is accumulation of pus, may be needed. If your cyst is getting larger, more painful and red, you should see your doctor or dermatologist for a proper assessment and management.

Health on the Net Foundation

This site complies with the {0=HONcode standard for trustworthy health} information: {1=verify here}.

© 2020 DoctorxDentist PTE LTD. All rights reserved.

All content posted is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. This Q&A is not a patient consultation and any information provided herein is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment.

Quote RequestWhatsapp