Where can I find the most affordable price for crown lengthening surgery in Singapore?

Dental Cosmetic Dentistry

I have a gummy smile and I really hate it…I want to have a nicer smile. I am looking for a place to do my crown lengthening surgery that is not very expensive and I am open to having it done by undergraduates.

Thank you for your question.

Depending on the cause of your gummy smile, treatment options can range from simply just gingivectomy (i.e. gum contouring only), or crown lengthening (i.e. gum and bone contouring) or orthognathic surgery (i.e. jaw reconstruction).

It is not within the scope of treatment of undergraduates. However they can be handled by the postgraduates at NUH (i.e. dentists who have graduated and are in the residency program to become specialists). Their rates will be the cheapest at about $400. 

You could also consider seeking specialists treatment in public hospitals eg) NDC, KTPH, NUH. These institutions are possibly the most affordable in Singapore, however the downside may be the longer waiting time needed.

Crown lengthening surgery at NDC costs about $800. Crown lengthening done privately will cost about $1500.

The rates, and whether they are Medisave claimable would vary for each treatment. There is a need to assess your condition first before deciding which treatment option would deliver the best aesthetic results for you. It would thus be better for you to do the financial counselling after your consultation visit with the dentist.

Hope this answers your question.

0 568 views 26 Jan 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Dental Cosmetic Dentistry or ask your own question now FOR FREE.