Where can I get iron deficiency screening in Singapore?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed191 times

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

You can get a iron deficiency blood test done at any General Practitioner (GP) clinic in Singapore for usually about 10-15 dollars. That is probably the most accurate.

If you are quite good with colour, you can try to look at it yourself. People who are anaemic usually look pale as the bedsheet.

And there is an area below the eyelids that we see that it will be pale as well, instead of the usual red. Of course, any usual doctors will be able to diagnose these as well.

Unethical life pro tip (ULPT): If you are willing to. There is another way. Try to donate blood at the blood bank. They might do a simple iron deficiency screening for you before they draw your blood.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

The Essential Guide To Health Screening In Singapore (2020)

Which health screening tests do you really need? It's a common scenario in Singapore -- your parent or relative receives a letter offering free "basic" health screening services, usually in the form of a tie-up with the company where he or she is working.

So when my dad asked me last night:

What are the essential tests I should go for?

I had a glance through what was on offer: five pages worth of optional add-ons to the free basic screen, ranging from cancer marker tests, to mind-boggling X-Rays and ultrasound scans. This post explains exactly what tests you need, and which you do not.

The Complete Guide To Colonoscopies In Singapore (2020)

This guide explains all you need to know about getting a colonoscopy in Singapore, as well as the cost factors of a colonoscopy in Singapore.

The negative stigma surrounding colonoscopies in Singapore is unwarranted. In this comprehensive guide, I hope to clear your doubts on the purpose of a colonoscopy, and explain the possible benefits it can provide you in your journey towards maintaining good health.

This Singaporean Cardiologist Who's Saved Over 1000 Lives Shares What You Must Know About Heart Disease

Heart disease is not something we like to think about, right?

Unfortunately, many of us in the red alert zone are either unaware, or wait until it’s way too late. Guess you could chalk it up to human nature. 

Dr Julian Tan - a physician and cardiologist with a huge amount of experience lays out some important things that you should know.

The Rise of Food Supplements in Singapore: Do I REALLY Need Them?

Thinking of getting food supplements in Singapore? Which one? There are simply so many different kinds. Consider these factors before getting them!

Most people in Singapore would relate the words fast-paced, busy, and hectic with their lifestyles. At times, nutritious foods might not be on our priority list. For that, people would often rely on food supplements.

Have you ever stop and consider: Do I really need supplements? Why do I need to take supplements? Why am I taking this specific supplement?

It is impossible to cover every single supplement one by one. A supplement that works for others may not work for you. Supplements can only work if it is individualised to you.

I wrote this post to help you sort that out. Click to find out more!

Complete Guide To The Causes Of Blood In Urine In Males & Females (2020)

You may be shocked and concerned if you find blood in your urine. You may, however, be even more surprised if I say the condition is actually not uncommon. It can happen to both males and females, in both children and adults.

There are various causes of blood in urine. It could be cancer or a simple infection. That said, you should never ignore the condition. In some cases, hematuria can be a sign of a more serious disease. It is always important to figure out the cause of the bleeding.

I am writing this article to discuss everything you need to know about the condition. I am going to talk about its cause, possible complications, and also the treatment options available in Singapore. Read on to find out more!