Where can I purchase benzodiazepines for anxiety like Lorazepam in Singapore?

Dr Paul Ang
5.0

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

Generally, the purchase of drugs in Singapore is licensed under the Poisons Act. So unless you are buying them off the dark net, then no, there is no way you can just purchase it. And of course I'm just kidding, please don't go to the dark net.

Otherwise, your underlying medical condition needs to be treated.

Medications like benzodiazepines cause more problems than they treat in the long term. Please see a mental health professional.

Dr Beng Yeong Ng
5.0

"Psychiatrist with over 20 years of experience"

Benzodiazepines are commonly used to treat anxiety disorder. However, there are some side effects associated with them and many doctors will consider using other options like SSRIs (serotonin specific reuptake inhibitors) and/or psychological interventions.

General practitioners may prescribe lorazepam for a few weeks. For patients who require long-term usage of a benzodiazepine, they are usually referred to a psychiatrist for further evaluation and treatment. The benefits and risks of benzodiazepines need to be weighed carefully and in some patients who are not able to tolerate other medicines, benzodiazepines like lorazepam may be an appropriate option.