Which anti-aging treatments are the most suitable for Rosacea-prone skin?

Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails

Which anti-aging treatments are the most suitable for Rosacea-prone skin? I am considering various aesthetic treatments for face lifting and anti-aging, such as HIFU and Rejuran. I do not have active Rosacea currently, and it is generally well-controlled. However, I do rarely have mild Rosacea flare-ups.

Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory condition that can often be triggered by heat, sun exposure or products that irritate the skin. In terms of anti-aging treatments, it is best to go for gentle lasers.

Procedures such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, or aggressive lasers may sometimes cause a flare. It is also best to only embark on anti-aging and laser treatment after the condition is stable.

My favourite laser for rosacea patients would be the VBEAM pulsed dye laser which is excellent at treating the redness and broken vessels seen in rosacea, as well as providing rejuvenation of the skin.

Most patients will see a decrease in their redness and also improvement in the texture, pore size and brightening of the skin.

Such anti-aging treatments is often combined with gentle skin care products and sunscreen for optimal improvement in the skin. Other gentle light treatments such as IPL and other lasers that target the red vessels may result in some improvement too.

Warmest regards

Dr Stephanie Ho, Dermatologist

762 views 13 Aug 2018

Hello Mel.

Rosacea prone skin should opt for more facials that are gentle on the skin. In active flare ups with redness and irritation, one should avoid acidic products or facials.

However in the acne phase of rosacea, mild controlled acid facials when administered by a well trained practitioner  can be used to control the acne. So facials still depends on the type of issues you face with rosacea.

Best Regards

Dr Kelvin Chua

722 views 16 Aug 2018

I would actually suggest Rejuran/PDRN treatments that do have a good anti-inflammatory effect. I use it for my Rosacea prone patients a fair bit.

In addition you can apply Metronidazole gel + take some oral sunscreen options (P Leucotomos)

Hope that helps

Winston

702 views 16 Aug 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails or ask your own question now FOR FREE.