Which breast implant is best for petite Asian women?

• Answered2 times
  • Viewed1,577 times

Thank you for your questions! In my experience, Asian women tend to prefer a more natural breast shape with a full but not excessive cleavage. Hence, I prefer tear-drop 5th generation cohesive gel textured implants for my patients to achieve this. To further attain a natural appearance and feel, I place most of my implants under the pectoralis muscle using a Dual Plane technique. For someone who is petite like yourself with a narrow ribcage, I would use a moderate-plus profile implant to get a full look without going over the top.

Cost of a breast augmentation, all-inclusive of standard medications, anaesthetist and facility fees, starts from S$14,000.

I hope this answers your questions and please feel free to contact us should you require a no-obligation detailed consultation.

I have tried all implants available in Singapore and some other brands that are not available here too when I did my fellowship in the UK.

My current favourite is Motiva. I like the technology behind it. The information is freely available on the internet.

One of the concerns my patients have raised to me is the lack of FDA approval. However Motiva Implants® have been approved for use in more than 60 other countries, including the UK, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Japan,Australia, South Korea AND SINGAPORE.

FDA clinical investigation trials have started, is it expected to lead to a FDA certification. 

NB: I do not have any conflict of interests to declare with Motiva. I just use what I think is best for my patients. I use other implant brands too 😋.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

Breast Augmentation In Singapore Versus Korea Or Thailand: Which To Choose?

If you’re still deciding between having your breast augmentation in Singapore or abroad, this article lays out the pros vs cons for you to make a more informed decision.

Ask Dr Samuel Ho: Breast Augmentation

Dr Samuel Ho, consultant plastic surgeon answers some of the most common questions on breast augmentation and breast enhancement in Singapore.

A Plastic Surgeon’s Complete Guide To Breast Reconstruction In Singapore (2020)

Breast reconstruction is an important part of breast cancer management. It aims to restore your breast to its natural form after a mastectomy. In the past, not many Singaporean patients were keen on breast reconstruction due to a variety of reasons.

However, over the last decade, there’s been an increased number of patients choosing to go for breast reconstruction surgery.

This is because there are more Singaporean women being diagnosed with breast cancer, and most of them lead a long, healthy life after a mastectomy.

In this post, I will address some important things you need to know before making a decision on breast reconstruction. 

This Singapore Plastic Surgeon Discusses The Link Of Textured Breast Implants To Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL)

"Plastic Surgeon at AZATACA Plastic Surgery"

Breast implants are prosthetics that are used to alter the shape, size, and contour of a person’s breasts. They are commonly used for breast reconstruction in women after breast cancer surgery or for correction of deformities from birth. They are also used to augment the natural appearance of breasts in women seeking cosmetic enhancements. Getting breast implants is increasingly common and patients have been seeing positive results. However, recent developments have led to a correlation between breast implants and BIA-ALCL (Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma).

There has been an increased incidence of BIA-ALCL reported mainly in America, Europe, and Australia over the years and Singapore has seen it’s first case recently. What is this condition and how does it affect patients who have been diagnosed or who are at risk of being exposed? Here are facts and concerns surrounding BIA-ALCL and the relation to other potential issues regarding breast implants.

The Ultimate Guide to Seeing a Plastic Surgeon in Singapore (2020)

Many people, throughout the course of their lifetime, will at some point think about changing a part of their face or body. For some, the thought of changing a part of their body may only last fleetingly. For others, it could be a more serious consideration.

Many of my patients have told me that changing one's body takes a lot of consideration, research and courage.

If you are feeling confused and conflicted, I wrote this article to give you insights into the world of plastic surgery, show you how to choose a plastic surgeon in Singapore, and manage your expectations when you see one.

I am Dr Samuel Ho, plastic surgeon at Allure Plastic Surgery, and I hope you will gain much from this article.