Which factors affect the cost of acne scar treatment in Singapore?

Acne & Scars

Hi, I would like to check the approximate costs for acne scar treatment in Singapore please. What are the most important factors in determining how much my acne scar treatment will cost?

Thank you for your question. 

This article on Acne Scar Treatment Costs would interest you.

The Type and Severity of your scars as well as the experience of your doctor are important factors affecting cost of acne scar treatment.

Another factor is the type of Technology being used. 

For example, for treatment of complex scars, I personally use Fillers after Subcision. The choice of Filler affects the cost of treatment. Examples include: hyaluronic acid-based fillers like Belotero, Restylane or calcium-based fillers like Radiesse. I will tailor the appropriate treatment for my patient based on scar type as well as cost concerns.

Similarly, there are a wide range of lasers for treatment of acne scars. Popular options are the traditional Fractional C02, non-ablative Infini RF (radio-frequency) and even Picosecond Lasers. Each of these Laser technologies differ in terms of Social Downtime, Side-effects, Results and Cost. 

I suggest that you speak to a trusted doctor who specialises in Scar treatments for a customised treatment plan so that you get good results at a good price. 

Hope that this helps!

671 views 15 Apr 2018

The cost of acne scar treatment in Singapore can vary greatly. This really depends on which TYPE of acne scars you are suffering from.

Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation are one type which is easily treated and the total cost of treating that may cost you only a few hundred dollars in total. 

Complex acne scars like ice-pick or box scars may require much more money, time and effort, frequently needing a combination of treatments such as subcision, lasers or other skin devices, and even procedures like a TCA cross. 

I would say the other most important factors in determining cost would be the SEVERITY of your scars as well as the experience of your doctor. This guide to laser and skin treatments in Singapore could help you understand the different treatment types and costs better.

677 views 14 Apr 2018

Dr Boey and Dr Chua have answered well to your query.

The kind of treatments offered by doctors is based on your type of acne scars.

This will determine the total cost of the scar treatment package. The severity of scarring also affects the number of sessions needed.

Approximate costs of acne scar treatment in Singapore can vary significantly. Lasers can cost from $300-$700 (depending on clinic) per session.

Subcision is usually about $350-400 (without fillers), while fillers is about $800-1000.

The costs can add up, so do find a doctor you trust to discuss the issue with.

Dr Winston Lee

643 views 19 Apr 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Acne & Scars or ask your own question now FOR FREE.