Which non-surgical treatments are recommended to treat depressed scars? (photo)

• Answered3 times
  • Viewed534 times

With regards to your problem of depressed scars, depressed scars are formed when there is a lack of collagen production while the scar is healing. Thus, it is seen as a sunken skin, whereby it sits below the surrounding skin. 

These are the treatments that I would recommend for depressed scars:
1. Smartxide Touch C60 fractional CO2 Laser — It is an ablative laser, which remodels the tissue-in-depth. Therefore, the recovery stage or downtime of redness is about 5 days. At least 3 treatments are needed to see results. 
2. Enlighten Pico Genesis Flex — This treatment is a non-ablative but it probably needs at least 4-5 sessions.

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

Here are some non-surgical options that you can opt for treating depressed scars:

• Chemical peeling -- Removes the outermost layers of the skin. A chosen peel solution induces a controlled injury to the skin.
  • Microdermabrasion -- Uses a special applicator with an abrasive surface to gently sand away the thick outer layer of the skin and rejuvenates the skin
  • Microneedling -- Also known as Collagen induction therapy. It involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny, sterile needles 
  • Fractional CO2 laser -- Columns of skin are removed, leaving the skin surrounding each column intact to aid in healing
  • Fractional microneedle RF -- Involves penetration of insulated microneedles into the dermis to deliver high-tensioned radiofrequency pulse into the targeted tissue
  • Fractional pico-laser-- Fires laser beams with very short pulse durations 

The above treatment options are quite comprehensively covered in the Acne Scar Treatment section, which you may wish to explore further and see which one is to your preferred choice. Do consult your doctor and have him/her advice on what are the best treatments based on your skin condition. 

Thank you for your photo.

It does look like you have a combination of different types of acne scars: Rolling and Box Scars.

There are many different types of treatments available that I would opt for in order to these scars with:

1. Subscision 
  2. Skin Resurfacing machines such as the Fractional eCO2
  3. Fillers (But do note that Fillers do not yield permanent results and typically would lasts up to 9 - 12 months only)

For these treatments and depending on the severity of your acne scar, the doctor will let you know how multiple sessions will be required and good results will be in range of 80% improvement.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

A Dermatologist's Guide To Scar Removal In Singapore (2020)

"Skin specialist with over 20 years of experience"

Many of my patients come to my clinic seeking scar removal treatment, so I decided to put together this guide to address some of the most common queries I encounter. It covers frequent types of scars such as keloid scars, acne scars and surgical scars.

Treating Rolling Acne And Box Scars: A Doctor Shares Tips

Acne is not just a passing condition. Long after the acne is gone, scars in a variety of shapes and forms can emerge. Some common scar types experienced by patients include box and rolling acne scars. Fortunately, there are specific treatments and methods that can help improve the appearance of skin with box and rolling acne scars, which a DoctorxDentist reader asked about recently.

With expertise in threadlift procedures and acne scar treatments, Dr Ho Rui Ming serves as the medical director of M-Aesthetic Clinic. On DoctorxDentist, he shed light on the most effective ways to deal with acne scars. Here are our key takeaways.

Managing Benign Prostate Hyperplasia & Peyronie’s Disease: A Urologist Discusses

"Urologist fellowship trained in Andrology & Prosthetic Urology"

As a man gets older, he may experience symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is a condition when the prostate gland is enlarged and causes difficulty with urination. 

Peyronie's disease is a different urological condition that typically affects men above the age of 40, but is also present in men under that age. The condition usually presents as penile curvature associated with a palpable lump.  

Thankfully, there are medical treatments for both these conditions in Singapore. Dr Ronny Tan, a consultant urologist in Singapore, recently answered
DoctorxDentist reader questions regarding these male urological conditions and how they are managed in Singapore. Here are his key pointers.

Hysterectomy: All You Need To Know With A Singaporean Gynaecologist

"More than 20 years of obstetrics and gynaecology experience"

Did you know that between 2010 and 2013, 386,226 women had done a hysterectomy in the United States? [1] In fact, hysterectomy remains to be one of the most common surgeries that Singaporean women go through.

As a gynaecologist myself, I would love to help clear up some of the doubts surrounding hysterectomy. At the same time, I would like to help you find the suitable forms of treatment that works best for your case.

Here are a few key points that you should know about hysterectomy. Click to find out!

A Complete Guide To Endometriosis Treatment in Singapore (2020)