DxD is your trusted source for medical information

SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED

WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY!

SUBMITTED

WE WILL GET BACK

TO YOU SHORTLY!

DxD Admin from Singapore asked a question

Which type of specialist should I see to perform an excision removal of a mole on my face?

Plastic Surgery

I’m planning to have a raised mole approximately 4-5mm in diameter located just above the center of my upper lip removed. After consultation with a dermatologist, the 2 method offered were shave biopsy and excision. I’m considering the excision method as it could completely remove the roots of the mole however it would leave a scar. Could you advise if a plastic surgeon is recommended to perform the excision and approximately what are the charges like?

Dr Israr Wong
Aesthetic
CONSULT DOCTOR
Dr Israr Wong
Aesthetic
Answered on January 26th, 2018

Dear Ong ,

If you are planning to excise the mole using surgical method, then your alternatives are :

1. Plastic Surgeons (facial, body and burns surgeons who specialize on reconstruction and aesthetic surgery)

2. Facial Plastic Surgeons (ENT surgeons who specialize in facial reconstruction and/or aesthetic surgery)

3. Oral-Maxillo-Facial Surgeons (Oral Maxillo Facial dental specialist surgeons who specialize in facial reconstruction and/or aesthetic surgery)

These 3 would be your best bets, do call up to check prices first after googling for a suitable surgeon.

If you’re considering ablative laser, then dermatologists and GPs who are highly interested in laser treatments would be adequate.

Prices can vary from $150-500 for laser treatment, and $500-1500 for excision biopsy.

0 73 views 0 Doctors agree January 26th, 2018
CONSULT DOCTOR
Dr Winston Lee
Aesthetic
CONSULT DOCTOR
Dr Winston Lee
Aesthetic
Answered on January 26th, 2018

Hi Ong,

First – at the risk of sounding ridiculous – maybe consult your astrology expert as people around you (your parents included) may be annoyed at you removing moles near the mouth (apparently good luck).

Generally (from what I see in my patients) a excision biopsy may leave a small tiny scar when done by dermatologists.

Even when plastic surgeons do it, there is a risk of scarring. If it does happen, you could do fractional laser to reduce it.

A consultation by a plastic surgeon is typically about $120 – $150. The cost of excision for something so small can be $300 and up. It would be good to check prices before you commit.

CONSULT DOCTOR
NEED HELP FINDING TRUSTED DOCTORS WITHIN YOUR BUDGET?
We can search for up to 5 doctors for you that fit your treatment requirements. This service is free and we do not receive commissions.
GET TREATMENT QUOTE