Why am I getting clear, yellowish discharge from my ears?

Thank you for your question. From the symptoms that you described, you may be suffering from an ear infection. The two most common ear infections are:

1. Otitis externa – infection of the ear canal

2. Otitis media – infection of the space behind the ear drum

You will need to see a  general practitioner or ENT Specialist to have the infection treated. Since you have been getting an ear discharge, you will most likely need antibiotic ear drops.

If you visit an ENT Specialist, the yellow fluid in the ear canal can be suctioned out and this allows the ear drops to reach the infected areas in the ear better. A combination of ear cleaning/suctioning (usually under microscope guidance) and antibiotic ear drops usually result in quicker recovery of the ear infection.

Hope this helps.