Need COVID-19 guidance? Check out our latest resources

Why does acne scar depth remain the same even after Fraxel laser and subcision treatment?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed423 times

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

For all treatment modalities including Fraxel laser and subcision, failure of clinical response is well recognized despite the use of the right procedure and appropriate treatment parameters.

A full assessment by your attending doctor is probably needed to review treatment parameters and to determine if alternative acne scar treatment methods such as scar revision surgery is required for the poorly responsive acne scars.

Hi there,

The most important factor before the start of any acne scar treatment is determining the type of scar(s) that we are dealing with.  Different scar types will require different treatment modalities as not all scar types will have the same response to a particular treatment.

For eg. some scars will respond well to Fractional Lasers whilst others may not.

Secondly, machine based treatments (fractional lasers/ RF etc) have hundreds of different settings and results are generally dependent on effective settings used and the method of administering these treatments.  Same goes for subscision.

Hope that helps.

All the best!

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own question now FOR FREE.

Acne Scar Removal Treatment in Singapore: Cost & Types

"Doctor with interest in Aesthetics and Lasers"

Battling acne scars? Find out exactly how much you need to spend to get rid of these pesky marks from an experienced doctor.  

An Aesthetic Doctor Reviews Acne Scar Removal Treatments in Singapore (2020)

Dealing with acne in your youth is bad enough, but the scars left behind can be a real nightmare.

New patients often ask me 2 common questions:

• “I’ve tried one laser session before. Why don’t I see results yet?”
  • “I still have acne scars and uneven skin texture despite 10 sessions of chemical peels. Why?”

This is why I have decided to write this article to help those of you who are struggling with acne scars. The best outcomes usually result from a combination of different methods, individualised to your skin type and scar! Here's what you need to know. 

These 3 Dermal Fillers Can Work For Acne Scars: An Aesthetic Doctor Discusses

Scar tissue can be hard to eradicate and clear off, especially in people with persistent acne problems. Treatments and products have flooded the Singapore market and various solutions for dealing with acne marks and scars can be confusing too. Fillers can be effective for facial sculpting, but how well do they actually work for scarring?

Dr Chin Yee Choong is the medical director of Dermclear Aesthetic & Laser Clinic. 
He responded to a couple of DoctorxDentist reader questions about the differences between the many fillers available in Singapore, and whether or not they are effective solutions for scars. Here is his advice.

All You Need To Know About Hormonal Acne: A Singaporean Aesthetic Doctor Explains

Acne… oh, acne… It can be super frustrating as it really affects our appearance.

Hormonal acne can affect anyone at any age. It is named as such because changes in our hormone levels can cause it. You may be wondering how hormonal acne can be treated. For instance, you may be considering:

• home remedies,
  • OTC creams or 
  • medical treatments.

Read on to find out in more detail how you can get hormonal acne treated!

The Ultimate Guide to Fractional Lasers by an Aesthetic Doctor in Singapore (2020)

Having smooth skin that is free of acne scars and wrinkles is the dream of many. There is little we will not do to achieve skin that becomes the envy of others.

As an aesthetic doctor who specialises in customised laser treatments, I have written this article about fractional lasers to help guide you in choosing which fractional laser treatment works best for you.