Will dermal fillers help to permanently get rid of dents on my face?

Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails Dermal Fillers

Hi, I have a couple of dents on my face due to kenalog shots on my acne, which is making me depressed. I have done my share of research, and I am considering dermal fillers for the dents. As the dents are not acne scars, but caused by the kenalog shots, will dermal fillers help in this case? Really seeking for professional advice here before I decide on my next step. I am going away on a long trip in 2 months and I really want to look my best for it. Thank you in advance!

Fillers are mostly temporary, and repeat injections are typically required every 1 to 2 years depending on the location injected and type of filler used. 

While temporary, fillers do stimulate collagen production over time and can have a permanent softening effect on the tissue atrophy caused by the steroid injections. 

It is worth a shot in the long run to attempt for some long term results, if not just for the short term filling effects. 

Cheers,

Shane

Dr Shane Abucewicz Tan
MBBS, MRCS

Genesis Aesthetic Clinic

68 Orchard Rd, #01-50, Singapore 238839

1271 views 31 Mar 2018

This will largely depend on the type of dermal fillers used. Some dermal fillers are temporary and others are more permanent. 

The cause of your dents will also be an important factor in deciding the best treatment plan which may include lasers, fillers or subcision or a combination of therapies. 

After an initial consultation and assessment, the cause and severity of your problem can be assessed. A visual assessment leads to the most optimal treatment plan for our patients. 

Dr Chua Han Boon
MBBS

SW1 Clinic

SW1 Clinic

290 Orchard Road #13-01
Paragon

1222 views 3 Apr 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails Dermal Fillers or ask your own question now FOR FREE.