Will I be able to have cataract surgery after LASIK?

I did LASIK recently and was wondering if I am still able to have cataract surgery when cataract strikes.

D2D. Yes, many patients who had LASIK performed when they were younger develop cataracts as they age. They will certainly be able to undergo cataract surgery to improve their vision.

However, as LASIK changes the curvature and power of the cornea, conventional biometric measurements of the eye very often lead to inaccurate refractive outcomes for this group of patients after cataract surgery.

My preceptor Professor Douglas Koch from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, was the first eye surgeon to discover the changes in the biometric measurements for former LASIK patients, and that additional calculations are required to accurately customize the refractive outcomes for such patients who are about to undergo cataract surgery.

At my clinic, we have the necessary advanced biometric technologies and equipment, as well as the know-how to calculate and customize the refractive outcomes for patients who underwent LASIK and are now going for cataract surgery.

Dr Jimmy Lim Wei Kheong
MBBS, MMed (Ophthalmology), MRCSEd (Ophthalmology), FRCSEd (Ophthalmology), FAMS (Ophthalmology)

JL Eye Specialists

6 Napier Road #07-10
Gleneagles Medical Centre

983 views 28 Sep 2018
Not the question you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Eye Health LASIK Cataracts or ask your own question now FOR FREE.