Will I be required to be hospitalized for my jaw surgery?

Thanks for the D2D. Yes, you will need to be hospitalised for at least a night after your jaw surgery.

The exact duration of your stay depends on the extent of surgery and your personal speed of recovery. In most cases, patients tend to be discharged after two to three days.

Hospitalisation is needed as you need time to recover from the general anaesthesia and you will have difficulty eating or drinking right after the jaw surgery. You will be on intravenous (IV) drip for at least a day after the surgery. The IV drop will provide you with the nutrients and medication you require. 

During your hospital stay, your oral surgeon will monitor your condition regularly and advise when you can be discharged.