Meet Mr Arturo Pacheco, a 54-year-old Filipino Singaporean engineer who underwent an All-On-4 procedure to replace his missing teeth.
He chose an All-On-4 procedure because it was a much quicker method as compared to having dental implants. On average, having a dental implant can take up to 6 months.
Who is suitable for an All-On-4 procedure?
The procedure is useful for the following patients:
- Those who have failing upper or lower teeth
- Full denture wearers (upper/ lower or both)
- Partial denture wearers
What happens during an All-On-4 procedure?
The following steps happen during an all-on-4 procedure:
- Your dentist will assess your suitability for the procedure
- You will undergo a CT scan or X-rays to assess your bone quality and quantity
- Your existing teeth will be removed in the affected jaw, and four dental implants will be placed
- A full arch acrylic bridge is then attached to the 4 implants
The whole procedure is completed on the same day.
What are the benefits of All-On-4 implants?
- Unlike removable dentures, your All-on-4 Implants are permanent and look and functions like natural teeth.
- The whole procedure can be completed in the same day, which is especially popular amongst patients who are frightened by long surgeries.
- There is usually no need for invasive bone grafting, which means that it can be less costly than such procedures.
Watch to find out Mr Pachego's story in this exclusive feature.