Meet Pauline Khoo, a certified physiotherapist in Singapore. She tore her ACL when she was in JC, and that experience made her discover her passion to pursue physiotherapy as a career.
People often think physiotherapist don't have much medical knowledge, and that they just do massages or teach exercises. The truth is, they have to obtain sufficient qualification and are subject to regulation by the Ministry of Health.
Their work involves working closely with orthopaedic doctors to come up with the best plan to help with a patient's rehabilitation.
Join her live AMA on Tuesday, 30 October 2018, at 3:30 PM as she answers the questions you have about being a physiotherapist in Singapore.
You can submit your questions to Pauline by leaving your comments at the following link: http://bit.ly/pauline-khoo-physio-ama.
Ask Pauline about:
- Physiotherapy vs. sports massage vs. sports therapy (they are all different!)
- What qualifications do you need to become a physiotherapist
- How's a typical day like for her
- How do decide if you should see a physiotherapy or a sports massage therapist
- Why do people always complain that physiotherapy doesn't work
- Any type of condition related to physiotherapy that you are confused about
If you have problems posting comments, please email your question to email@example.com.
DoctorxDentist's Ask Me Anything (AMA) enables open health conversations between readers, professionals and patients from all walks of life.
View the complete list of upcoming DoctorxDentist AMAs here.