Can I use safely use Tri-Luma for my melasma while on Accutane?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed563 times

"Skin specialist with over 20 years of experience"

Hello and thank you for your question. Triluma is a strong lightening cream consisting of a steroid cream, the lightening agent hydroquinone and tretinoin 0.05%.

As accutane consists of isotretinoin which is in the same family of drugs as tretinoin, there is a risk that you may develop irritation of the skin when both are used together.

If your accutane dose is fairly low (20mg or less), you can try using very small amounts of the Triluma over the melasma area. If your skin is not too sensitive, you may just be lucky enough use both together. 

Best regards 

Dr Stephanie Ho

Consultant Dermatologist 

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

The Complete Guide To Seeing A Dermatologist In Singapore (2020)

I'm writing this post because "recommend me a good dermatologist in Singapore" is one of the questions I'm most often asked by friends -  Now I can just direct them to this post.

A dermatologist is a medical doctor with specialist training who treats diseases of the nails, hair, and skin. In Singapore, dermatology is considered a medical specialty, and only doctors certified as dermatologists by the Ministry of Health are recognised as such.

This post explains in detail how to find a suitable dermatologist for your condition and treatment needs in Singapore.

Your Comprehensive Guide To Choosing The Best Aesthetic Treatment (2020)

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

When seeking an aesthetic treatment, few questions may come to mind:

• How can I be sure if this treatment is safe for me?
  • What qualities should I look out for in a doctor?
  • What are the benefits and risks of this treatment?

These are all valid and good questions that you should be asking before deciding which treatment to go and which doctor will be performing it. 

Read on to find out about how you can effectively choose your treatment!

UV Rays: Aesthetic Doctor Sheds Light on How You Can Reverse the Damage and Protect Your Skin

Are you planning that idyllic holiday at the beach soon? Or are you a lover of the great outdoors? While you soak up the sunshine, you should be aware of how much exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays you are getting. Too much of it can cause more than just an uncomfortable sunburn!

Read on to learn how to protect yourself from harmful UV rays while still having fun in the sun.

The Complete Guide to Rejuran Healer Treatment in Singapore (2020)

With more advanced technology, we now have a greater number of aesthetic treatments available.

• So what treatments will yield the best results?
  • What is Rejuran Healer?
  • Why is there so much hype around Rejuran Healer?
  • What exactly does it do for your skin?

In this article, I would like to share about how Rejuran Healer can help you achieve your skin goals. 

The Ultimate Guide to Fractional Lasers by an Aesthetic Doctor in Singapore (2020)

Having smooth skin that is free of acne scars and wrinkles is the dream of many. There is little we will not do to achieve skin that becomes the envy of others.

As an aesthetic doctor who specialises in customised laser treatments, I have written this article about fractional lasers to help guide you in choosing which fractional laser treatment works best for you.