What are the early signs of heart disease?
The symptoms of heart disease are commonly:
- chest pain (sometimes radiating to the left arm or jaw),
- fainting spells and
- irregular heartbeats,
- persistent coughing and
- swelling of the extremities.
Heart diseases or pathology of the heart can be classified into many categories. One may have the following cardiovascular problems:
- heart muscles (poor function of the atria and ventricles),
- obstruction of the coronary vessels,
- electrical conduction system dysfunction,
- electrical pacemaker system dysfunction,
- valvular dysfunction,
- genetic pathologies involving the heart,
- infection of the muscles or valves and
- dysfunction of the aorta.
Please see your doctor immediately if you suspect that you have heart disease as it may be life-threatening.
Seeing A Cardiologist In Singapore: The Complete Guide (2019)
You may be surprised by the lack of information available on the speciality field of practice called cardiology. This may be because Singaporeans...READ MORE
Angiogram vs Angioplasty: What Is The Difference? A Cardiologist Explains
Angiogram and angioplasty are fairly common medical terms you might hear. Most people, however, do not know their differences and functions. The...READ MORE