The symptoms of heart disease are commonly:
- chest pain (sometimes radiating to the left arm or jaw),
- fainting spells and
- irregular heartbeats,
- persistent coughing and
- swelling of the extremities.
Heart diseases or pathology of the heart can be classified into many categories. One may have the following cardiovascular problems:
- heart muscles (poor function of the atria and ventricles),
- obstruction of the coronary vessels,
- electrical conduction system dysfunction,
- electrical pacemaker system dysfunction,
- valvular dysfunction,
- genetic pathologies involving the heart,
- infection of the muscles or valves and
- dysfunction of the aorta.
Please see your doctor immediately if you suspect that you have heart disease as it may be life-threatening.