How do I fix a crooked jaw and overbite? (photo)

Doctor's Answers (1)

Based on your photos, I am unable to assess the extent of your overbite. I do notice you have a lower jaw deviation to the left of your face.
Braces or orthodontic treatment can definitely correct the alignment of the teeth and improve your overbite issue. It will not be able to change your facial profile or the crooked jaw, as this is a skeletal(bone) issue. Only jaw surgery will be able to correct the jaw deviation.
Many people have slanted jaws which are not very noticeable. It really depends on how much it bothers you and how much you want to fix it. It would be best for you to seek a consultation with an orthodontist you can assess you clinically and advise you better.
Health on the Net Foundation

This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2020 DoctorxDentist PTE LTD. All rights reserved.

All content posted is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. This Q&A is not a patient consultation and any information provided herein is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment.

Quote RequestWhatsapp