How effective is differin cream for PIH and acne?Acne & Scars
1. How do we use differin cream to reduce blackheads & whiteheads? Do we apply it on recurring acne outbreak (eg. Chin, hairlines, on the cheeks)? If I were to put a pea sized amount to my whole face(once a week), it’ll be really drying the next day so I decided to put it on acne area instead.
2. Will applying differin cream to PIH helps to lighten it as well and prevent acne? Or should I stick to the pigmentation cream given by the doctor & apply moisturiser afterwards?
Thank you for your question.
Differin (a.k.a. Adapalene) is generally the most well tolerated retinoid and hence it is widely used for acne. it is alright to use a thin layer over the affected areas only but it has benefits for the skin over the whole face so I like to recommend it for full face use. Important notes:
- Moisturise your face after using Differin. Let Differin sit on the skin for about 10 minutes first though
- Initially if it is really drying, skip it for a day or two before using it again, when the skin is less dry and sensitive
- Use it ONLY at night, and use sunblock everyday
Differin itself helps to reduce PIH and also prevent acne (by reducing sebaceous gland activity). There are a variety of pigmentation creams available so it is best to ask your doctor for advice on the exact nature of the cream given and whether Differin works well with it.
Hope this helps!
A Concise Guide To Acne Treatment In Singapore (2019)
Found this article by Googling "acne treatment Singapore" or "how to get rid of acne"? Don't worry - I'm not about to promote the XXX acne treatment...READ MORE
Scars, Pores, And Milia: A Singaporean Doctor Answers Readers’ Skin Questions
The skin is often seen as an indication of health when it comes to appearance and complexion. As it is our largest organ, problems with skin can be...READ MORE