How much does it cost to see a cardiologist in Singapore, and is it Medisave claimable?Cardiology Singapore Healthcare
I would like to find out the approximate costs of seeing a heart specialist in Singapore, and whether there are any subsidies available?
Private heart specialists typically charge about $150 - $200 for a first consultation.
Medications will typically add on another $100 - $200 in total to your final bill.
At the National Heart Centre, the rates for seeing a cardiologist are as follows:
|First Consultation||$$57||$120 - $155|
|Follow-up Consultation||$38||$79 - $112|
Even if you go as a new patient via a polyclinic referral, rest assured that a consultant will still be seeing you on your first visit.
However, you'll usually first be seen by a Medical Officer beforehand.
o qualify for subsidised care to see a , you need to:
- Be a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident (holding a Singapore NRIC), and
- Obtain a referral letter from a Polyclinic, or from an SAF medical officer/camp
Patients who do NOT qualify for any subsidies include:
- All foreigners
- Those referred to see a specific cardiologist
- Referrals made by a private doctor or private hospital
Medisave can be used for the following approved treatments -
1. Withdrawal limit of $500 per Medisave account per year:
Approved chronic diseases:
- Pre-diabetes (Pre-DM)
- Cholesterol and lipid Disorders
- Ischaemic Heart Disease
2. Withdrawal limit of $600 per Medisave account per year:
- Outpatient MRI scans
- CT scans
- Ultrasound scans