How to get rid of dark eye circles permanently? (photo)

Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails

I am a 27 year old with dark circles around my eyes and eyelids. What treatment should I undergo to effectively remove the dark circles, and how much would this cost?

The pigmentation on your lower and upper eyelids is indeed obvious.

One of the common causes of this could be due to allergic rhinitis or conjunctivitis . It will be good to get them treated if that is what you experience regularly. The pigmentation can also be hereditary and I have seen kids as young as 12 having the same pigmentation that you have.

I have a few different lasers in my clinic. I will prefer to use the Fotona 3D Laser as it is able to treat both your upper and lower eyelids. It utilizes 3 different Laser modes to lighten the skin colour, increase collagen and tighten the skin around your eyes.

It is also able to reduce the size of the vessels around the skin of the eyes, thus reducing the dark skin tones below the eyes. Several sessions are needed and maintenance treatment is recommended.

You will also benefit with regular use of eye gel to keep the skin around your eyes hydrated. 

Best regards,
Dr Soh

0 484 views 22 Nov 2018

There are a multitude of reasons that result in under-eye darkening, including hyperpigmentation of the skin, thin skin with visible underlying eye muscles, allergic conditions, and so on.

In your case the issue looks to be largely pigmentary and can be helped nicely with pigment lasers. We use the picoplus picosecond laser at our clinic with good results for darker skin under-eye pigment management.

The same laser can be used for evening out the over skin tone and texture of the face.

Typically between 3 to 5 sessions are advised with 2 to 4 week intervals, and maintenance and co-management with topical products such as retins and vitamin c serums.

I believe you might have a slight tear trough deformity there too, resulting in a depression and accentuation of the undereye darkening - the photos at this angle dont allow an accurate assessment.

In any case a single session of fillers under the eye can help smoothen that out and brighten the under-eye appearance too.

Cheers and best regards,
Dr Shane Tan

0 536 views 21 Nov 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine Skin, Hair & Nails or ask your own question now FOR FREE.