How to work overseas with a NUS MBBS degree?Singapore Healthcare
Thank you for the awesome blog trying to debug myths about our careers!
I realise there are very few people whom I can turn to regarding working overseas with a NUS MBBS degree.
Do you have any idea how to go about doing it? I understand we have a 5-6 year bond. But following that, do we have to take a bridging course to work in other countries such as NZ, or Taiwan etc etc?
Thank you! Hope to hear from you soon!
In a nutshell, it’s not impossible, but very very difficult for you to work abroad as an NUS grad.
1. Unless you are prepared to pay a massive amount, you are bonded to NUS.
2. Most people use their bonded period to train or take up residency, so you are stuck further.
3. Your degree and residency is not recognised anywhere else in the world, apart from NZ.
4. In other words, you have to take USA exams etc. Ie USMLE.
As far as I’m aware, only NZ recognises NUS without further exams. Possibly Australia too, but getting in now is tough.
5. Taiwan is one of the few countries where they work longer and are paid less than SG – so not sure if you want to go that route!
Well you can consider taking some post-grad qualifications. Usually most countries will require you to take an examination anyhow to prove your competency, and yes, NZ allows Singapore graduates to work there (have friends who went there and are having a blast).
MRCP, MRCEM, MRCS etc can be used for purpose of PLAB registration in the UK, so you can always consider that route.
Everything You Need to Know About Dental Crowns and Bridges In Singapore (2019)
Damaged teeth - whether broken or fragmented, do not just look ugly. They may also severely impact your functional capacity to chew and digest food....READ MORE