Is minimally invasive bunion surgery suitable for my severe bunions? (photo)

Hi Jasmine

Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) for mild to moderate cases of bunions. But it will depend on other factors as well.

There is a higher recurrence rate for severe bunions if MIS correction is done for them. I would need to examine your feet more thoroughly before I can let you know whether the MIS correction can be done.

Looking at the pictures, the left side is more severe than the right side (moderate). So I would say on first glance, MIS can be either right, or be a KIV MIS, or via a mini-open approach. 

MIS bunion correction is not suitable for all patients, but it would definitely be something I would offer my patients if they were suitable for it. MIS feet surgery has many other applications, the pathology of the feet / ankles.

Please let me know if there are any other questions and I would be happy to answer them.

Best regards

Dr. Sean Ng