DXD Admin from Singapore asked a question

What are my chances of getting shortlisted for NUS Dentistry?

Hello doctorxdentist 🙂 I am Sanjay. I have viewed your blog regarding NUS dentistry multiple times and it has helped me so far. You see, I really really want to get into NUS dentistry. I am actually not a Singapore citizen, but a permanent resident. I did not do the Singapore A levels but instead studied at an Indian School, here in Singapore. My Grade 12 (equivalent to A levels) grades are good. But, I think you can judge my grades too! Here are my grades, remember the maximum score for each subject is 100!

English – 90 ; Math – 92 ; Chem – 88 ; Bio – 86 ; Phy -78 (physics score is bad)

(In the NUS admissions website, it says that the admission committee wants either Bio/Phy..since my bio is better would that be taken into consideration?)

So do you think I stand a chance for dentistry? Would I get shortlisted? I have over two months volunteer experience at the Science Centre Sinagapore. I also enjoy writing, joined an International Short story competition and won an “outstanding achievement” awards. I am also a member of Mensa Singapore (High IQ society)! Do reply to my message as soon as possible! I am extremely passionate about becoming a dentist one day!! Thank you for reading this, and expecting your reply soon!

Regards

Answered on Fri Jan 26 2018 09:38:54 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Thanks for your email, and I apologise for the really late reply as I have been out of town.

Firstly, a huge congratulations for completing your examinations and the good grades!(:

However I would be frank that I do not know much about the admission criteria, especially for international schools, as the final decision lies with the NUS admissions website (which I assume shortlists applicants based on a bell curve system)

But i would agree with you that they tend to take the higher score, so most likely your Bio would be taken into account instead of your physics grade.

Whether or not you get into the dental course ultimately depends on the Manual dexterity test and the Multiple mini interviews as further elaborated on in the post. And the decision lies in the hands of the interviewers.

Definitely worthy to highlight the achievements and passion you have towards dentistry during your interview though!(:

Regards

0 310 views 0 Doctors agree Fri Jan 26 2018 09:38:54 GMT+0000 (UTC)