What are recommended methods for permanent hair removal in darker skin tones?

I agree with Dr Winston, definitely do not attempt IPL. Electrolysis can be very time consuming for large body parts as each hair follicle has to be treated individually, and it can be painful as well.

I would suggest Diode or Long Pulse ND:Yag for laser hair removal. It is much more efficient and painless.

All the best!

All the best!

Please don't do IPL. It's very risky as the color difference between hair and body (or pigmentation and body) is the rationale for its therapeutic function.

I would suggest the option of Super Hair Removal. It is suitable for all skin types, dark toned skin included. It works via low fluency repetitive light pulses targeting the susceptible hair follicles.

This leads to an effective heat build up with no pain. There is also a cooling mechanism to ensure the surface of your skin stays cool and protected.

That might be a lot faster, and is also likely to be more cost effective. Hope that helps.

Dr Winston Lee