What are the criteria in determining the most suitable dental crown for my premolar?
1. Is it an upper or lower premolar?
2. Does the tooth have a large filling?
3. Will it be a full or partial crown?
4. Will the crown be bonded or cemented?
5. Is the tooth root canal treated?
6. Does the tooth require a post and core?
7. Is the tooth discoloured? Does the tooth need significant colour correction?
8. Is the tooth cracked?
9. Is there grinding or clenching of teeth at night?
These are the criteria determining material and design selection for premolar crowns.